Author to tell story of escape from Laos: Please sent in your link:
Minnesota author Kao Kalia Yang will appear at 1 p.m. Saturday, April 17, at the John Muir Middle School Auditorium to share the story of her family’s journey from the jungles of Laos, where they were no longer welcome, to the refugee camps in Thailand and then to America.
A reception after the presentation will feature copies of Yang’s book, “The Latehomecomer: a Hmong Family Memoir,” for sale and autographing. This event is part of National Library Week 2010 celebration April 11-17.
For more information on events visit the library Web site at www.mcpl.us
- Rare glimpse of Hmong in Laos fails to quell concerns
- Visit to Hmong village allowed
- Kasit vows to seek access to Hmong
- Former Hmong captain in Missoula to receive honors for war…
- Did we learn anything now?. If things are so good now, why does some of us choose to live outside of Laos?
- EDITORIAL: Hmong refugees need our voice
- California Hmong community rallies for men accused of plotting Laos overthrow
- Thousands of Hmong supporters rally outside Sacramento federal court